Join our team!
We are seeking a highly organized, self-motivated individual with keen attention to detail to join our team as Operations Manager for the National Little Green Thumbs program. The LGT Operations Coordinator is a key member of the Little Green Thumbs program national office, based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. The Operations Coordinator will be primarily responsible for project management and managing a regular program operations schedule. Eventually, this role will grow to include more logistics management.
Deadline to applyis extended to March 7, 2022
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
(% job responsibilities at beginning – % job responsibilities as job progresses)
1. Project Management (60% – 40%
Little Green Thumbs develops several learning resources each year, such as lesson plans, videos and training resources. The LGT Operations Manager will be responsible for project management of the development of these learning resources to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget. This includes managing project timeline, scope, communicating with project stakeholders and directing project consultants, such as graphic designers, resource writers and subject matter experts. Project management experience is required. Experience and/or expertise in educational resource development is an asset, but not required.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage project timelines, milestones, and scope
- Direct project consultants with the delegation of project tasks
- Communicate with project stakeholders, including Program Director
- Create and maintain project documentation
2. Manage Day to Day Program Operations and Reporting (25%)
Little Green Thumbs uses a database application to manage teacher participation, statistics, and feedback. The Operations Manager will manage the correct use of the database application by regional coordinators and ensure that annual check-ins, surveys and order forms are administered in a timely fashion. The Operations Manager will assist with compilation of annual and historical statistics for reporting and improvement purposes.
- Manage the program database, including administering annual check-ins, surveys and order forms and track annual and historical statistics
- Analyze teacher year-end survey data and assist with compiling reports for funding partners
- Communicate standardized operational policies and processes to regional coordinators (ie. quality control, safety, program integrity, etc)
- Contribute to the development and continual improvement of a procedures manual to deal with issues of quality control, safety, program operations integrity and execution
3. Manage Inventory, Shipping and Receiving Logistics (5% – 20%)
Little Green Thumbs National office distributes classroom gardening supplies to 10 regional coordinators and to over 1000 classrooms annually. The LGT Operations Manager is responsible for managing coordinator and classroom supply orders, including the procurement of materials from suppliers, management of inventory, and the shipping and distribution of orders.
- Implement operational processes and procedures that support the LGT program’s ongoing overall effectiveness and efficiency
- Manage the collection of teacher and coordinator supply orders, as well as the logistics of resource and material procurement, distribution and inventory
- Manage procurement of supplies, including receiving and inventory
- Manage assembly and distribution of program supplies to coordinators and teachers
4. General Program Administration and Communications
- Respond to general correspondence with the public regarding the LGT Program
- Assist with content for the Little Green Thumbs learning blog, e-newsletter and social media channels
- Support the National Program Director as needed